1.Fall Bus Tour and Annual Meeting – November 3, 2015
-toured Sweetridge Farms, Pembina Colony (where they also served us lunch), and Meridian Industries
-we also held our annual meeting while enroute on the bus. That continues to work well, giving more time for casual conversation over lunch.
2.C.M.H.C. Dairy Day -January 27, 2016, Carman Community Hall, Carman MB
- very good attendance again, both from producers and agribusinesses. We serve around 200 people lunch.
-Dairy Day booklet containing awards info and advertising was handed out at thedoor
Alexis Arthur - “ Making Good SilageGreat”
Producer Panel – “Master Breeder – Is it aPractical Goal?
MarkDonohoe (Malarky), Ron Boerchers (Rainyridge), Martin Leyenhorst (Martnkay)
3.C.M.H.C. Awards Night -April 8, 2016, Rathwell Community Hall
- over 130 people attended, entertained by Little Circus on the Prairie (IsaacGirardin)
4.Judging Clinic –we didn’t end up hosting a judging clinic this year
5.Central 4-H Dairy Open Show - July 7, 8 & 9- Carman Country Fair
-fantastic experience, members handed out cheese sticks to public for promotion
-4-H Club held their achievement on July 7 with Don Penner as judge
-the Open Junior Show was held on July 8 with Ryan Friesen from SK judging
- Funfestwas moved to the Red River Ex this past year, so we did not participate
6.C.M.H.C. Barbecue -August 24, 2012 – Treherne Aquatic Centre and Park
- poor attendance this year – was probably the longest dry stretch of the summer and almost everyone was in the fields.
-it is a nice facility and great location
7.Fall Bus Tour and Annual Meeting – October 28, 2016
- planto visit Aldee Lampada Holsteins, Donovan Holsteins (Hockley) and do a tour ofthe Museum at CFB Shilo.
-and since we’ll be on the bus for four hours, we should have lots of time for our annual meeting J
-2 directors meetings have been held, Directors Dinner was held at Boston Pizzain Morden
The Central Manitoba Holstein Club continues to function in the Centralregion. We strive to provide meaningful events for our dairy producers – events which are both educational andentertaining. We continue to support theCentral 4-H Dairy Club and are encouraged by the enthusiasm of its members.